Sunday, November 16, 2008

African children's choir

Since I am in the cache valley children's choir, we got the chance to have a luncheon with "the African Children's choir". The night before our family had the chance to see them in concert. They were amazing!!! They had so much energy and there music was SO good!! The all are from Africa and were chosen by a organization to sing. Here is a video of them. You also may remember them singing on "idol Gives back" on american idol with Josh Groban.





When they first came out, they hugged everyone! They were so nice and very humble. They all said Please and thank you.  It was a great experience. As we had lunch we all played UNO. I asked one of the kids if i they ever got tired after all the dancing and he said "No. Not really". I  don't know how they do it and not get tired!





I I am trying to upload of them singing "goodbye" to us, but I can't get it to work, so check later to see if it's there!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh!!! You lucky duck!!! I love the African Children's Chior! They're amazing! I remember watching them on Idol Gives Back. Did you watch the You Tube video where they sing "Lean on Me"???? That one is really good!!!

Me said...

that makes me so happy.

it reminds me of this guy i met at saturday market who was selling handmade african jewlery and sending all the money he made from it back to his village in ghana.

yay for awesome people from africa. or awesome people in general.

john papworth said...

wow, that sounds really cool. i have a friend who is on a mission in africa and he loves the people there